Biblical Prescriptions for Life
A seven-week life-transforming study that unlocks the secrets to healing and lifelong, whole-life wellness through physical and spiritual truths directly from the Bible, supported by science. The solution to obesity, diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, mental health problems and every other acquired disease. An evidence-based approach.
Through Biblical Prescriptions for Life, you will discover simple, sustainable and scalable actions you can start today to get on the path to healing and wellness. This non-judgmental approach is perfect for wherever you’re starting on the journey. And it’s a great way to build a small group community.
Each week features a video session and small group discussion guide created for use with Biblical Prescriptions for Life video sessions and five days of personal study and application with journaling and small group encouragement. Designed for individual and small group use. Easy to lead with discussion questions built in to each chapter.
James L. Marcum, MD
James L. Marcum, MD is a board-certified cardiologist practicing with Chattanooga Heart Institute and has been named by USA Today as one of the most influential physicians in his field. Dr. Marcum shows people how to use the laws of health to avoid disease, come off prescription medications, and increase mental acuity and happiness. His passion is discovering the neuro circuitry that controls our psychological and physiological health, and discovering healing methods that go beyond traditional medicine. He is the author of The Ultimate Prescription and Medicines That Kill, as well as an in-demand speaker for his role as the director of Heartwise Ministries. Currently, his radio program Heartwise airs on more than 300 radio stations across the nation. Dr. Marcum also hosts the health program The Heart of Health Live! which can be seen on secular and Christian television. He is married to his beautiful wife Sonya and they have two children, Kelli, and Jake. He currently lives in Chattanooga TN, and enjoys both music and outdoor activities.
- Voted by USA Today as one of the most influential physicians in his field
- Radio interviews with Janet Parshall, G. Gordon Liddy, Drew Marshall, Chris Fabry, Brian Joyce, Bob Dutko, and Glenn Brooks
- TV appearances on NBC with Latrice Curry, Daystar Television Network with Marcus and Joni Lamb, 3ABN with Danny Shelton, Fox, Fox Family, PBS, and Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Biblical Prescriptions for Life – A three part series to move one step at a time towards health.
- The real answers to the health care dilemma and the affordable care act.
- Gaining by losing - Why is it so hard for me to lose weight? Three tips to make it doable!
- Three tips for coming off prescription medications safely.
- Is your heart smart? - What you need to know to protect yourself from the #1 Killer in America.
- Cancer 101 - The good guys and the bad guys – what I wished I knew 20 years ago!
- Disease starts in the brain - An understanding of why we are sick.
- Diabetes: I am afraid of the complications! - The two most important things to know.
- More than medicine - The spiritual aspects of health.
- The physiology of worship - What happens inside when we worship God
- Healing beliefs
- Eliminating anxiety